Stuffed Bell Peppers
These peppers are a lot yummier than the photo makes it seem. Don't knock it till you try it!!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 purple onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime
- Ground Turkey
- 1 bag of 90 second instant rice
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop onion, tomato, cilantro into small bite size pieces and set aside.
- Cook your ground turkey on medium to high heat until a light grey color.
- Add your onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Heat your instant rice in the microwave and then add it into the pan with the ground turkey and onion.
- Next, add the taco seasoning, tomato and cilantro to the pan and mix together.
- Chop off the tops of the bell peppers and hollow out each pepper as best you can.
- Stuff the pepper with the ground turkey mixture all the way to the top.
- Put the stuffed peppers in the oven for about 25 minutes or until peppers are soft and easy to cut with a fork. When there is about 5 minutes left in the oven, top each pepper with Mexican shredded cheese.
- When cheese is melted on top of the peppers, take out and enjoy!!
- Any remaining ground turkey mixture, save and put over a bed of lettuce for a delicious taco salad.
- Or eat the mixture with tortilla chips
- Save the tops of the bell peppers to dip in ranch for a healthy snack!